If God’s love and mercy did not exist there would be no HOPE.
Isaiah 64: 6 says:
“All our righteous acts are like filthy rags {before him}”.
What this means is that our good deeds can never outweigh our sins.
Therefore, we can never brag about our good deeds; Compared to God’s perfect holiness, that’s how our good deeds appear, “as filthy rags!”
Gods Mercy cannot be earned.
It is a free gift {paid for by Jesus} and our good deeds AKA ‘or filthy rags CERTAINLY won’t help us earn or deserve it!
The wages of sin will always be death, but because of Jesus, his death completely paid the price instead of yours or mine.
I love serving Jesus freely because of my LOVE for him and not because I need to earn his mercy or love...That I have already received. Everything I do is an overflow of what I’ve already been given.
This is why I do what I do.
1 comment:
Amen Meehan...Gods love truly is simple...Your heart is so soft and open to all He has for you. May you continue to be filled with His joy and blessings. I love you
Post a Comment