Sunday, December 5, 2010


Some of our best pictures are yet to come being that our iphone holds most of them but here are a few to wet your whistle with.
if you were wondering, we have been having such an incredible time already; we really prayed and expected this trip  be life-giving, hassle free, stress free and just a plain and simple good time. It has proved to be true and we will continue to enjoy this gift. I just want to say that I've been so aware of the incredible nature of my life lately, so aware of the beauty and freedom surrounding me in the last few days and I am  swimmingly thankful to the Lord. His ' Crazy love' as Francis Chan might say, has me standing in awe of my 'sonship' as the daughter of the Almighty. Not that his love always materializes as material things of course, but in this season of my life I am enjoying his character & nature as I see it through the places I have been able to experience this year...

So, we have just arrived at the first YWAM base this afternoon and Daniel is out with the crew now while I take this opportunity to have some alone time. We had dinner with them all tonight and what a hospitable, fun-loving group they are. It will be a good week.
I had a less than sound sleep last night ( night 2 ) packed tight with Dan in a single bed... but I was warm and for that I was thankful ( 20 degrees outside. ouch) therefore, I will call it a night...


My writing now, is a continuation of the post that did not make it up last night. It's now Sunday afternoon and we have just finished a two hour walk through the town and its surrounding paths. We have had a leisurely morning of prayer and relaxation in preparation for the week of teaching which begins promptly tomorrow morning! There is something that's happened in my heart as i've taken a step back from Africa. A part of me feels clearer to think, and an overall sense of ease surrounds me. I am so blessed to have this opportunity. I love and I miss Africa to be sure but I am soaking in this time and all it has to offer. Thank you Jesus!


love,
me

1 comment:

~j~ said...

Wow, what a different change of scenery right?! it looks beautiful and it sounds like you are having an amazing time. Hope you can get some continued times of refreshment.
love mom
xoxo