Tuesday, July 22, 2008

i love you

I know I haven't been the best about keeping in touch. I love you guys and of course, I know you know that.
I'm very content being here, though at times it feels a little strange, and a little unnatural. But, mostly I'm so inundated with newness each day I don't know how to carry on a phone conversation by the time I am able to call. Then again, things aren't so "busy" that I cant- but it often feels that way because there is so much to process.
I just want to thank you all for your phone calls or texts, blog comments, and e-mails. I want to apologize for not being good about returning them always. Though my heart for people in general is big, I function best with a good amount of alone time, and that is rare here. I cant totally process until i am alone and even when I'm alone it doesn't always feel that way. Even now as I write I feel scattered but its important for me to communicate to you Mom Dad, G&G ,Beck, Shel , Tay, Jen ,Katie, Chesle,Beth, Luke and everyone else ,how much I love you and that being here is so good. I'm sorry a million times that I am unable to give all that each of you deserve for being so good to me but I trust you will know each day how often i think of you all. Not a day goes by ( literally) that you do not cross my mind and I wish that I could insert into your minds and hearts all the beautiful details of what i am learning, hearing, feeling and seeing.

I must mention something that deserves all the thanks in the world. This shout out is for mom and Dad. Last weekend I went on the most perfect camping trip. Truly. I wont even try to describe it... maybe another time. The point i want to get to is how keenly aware i was on this excursion of the role of my parents play in bringing enjoyment to times like this particular trip. The terrain of this hike i went on was completely rugged. uncut trails,swimming with bags over our head, rock climbing, steep, muddy hills, rock hopping, slipping, sliding, cutting bruising bleeding, AWESOME!
And each tricky step I landed or didn't, each wild fruit i ate, plant name I knew, any athletic maneuver that gave me the sense of capability, i thought of my Mom and Dad and all the effort, encouragement, sacrifice, money they put into helping me develop my athletic skills through volleyball. I thought of my Dad introducing me to rock climbing at Goleta beach and telling me how to find , test and anticipate good footing and hand spots. Both my parents planted seeds of appreciation for plants and the outdoors and good fruit too!
I thought of my Dads excitement for having an athletic girl and how instinctually, I would have not wanted to pursue sports on my own like surfing, hiking, biking, or volleyball, But, my Dad created an environment with these options and fostered them by participating in them with me and talking about the importance of trying and practicing them. And now, I have developed a love for them. The freedom I have to enjoy all these things when the opportunity presents itself has opened up some incredible doors of friendship and life experiences. I Am so grateful to my parents for who they are and how being who they are has changed my life for such good. Thank you. I love you very much

Many of you have asked how Daniel is doing. He is wonderful- a bit tired at the moment but that's because he is the kind of person you want to hang out with ll the time. Multiply that by 60 or so people and that's a lot of expectation. Plus more that I'm sure I'm totally unaware of. All of us get rocked here on any given day.
I'm so grateful for his friendship and am continually learning from his life and his teaching. I'm thankful everyday that he is here. On Sundays Daniel, myself and my roommate Paige have been going to 7:30 early service to a church called Living Stones. Its right on the water overlooking a very local spot called Vannons ( I'm totally spelling this wrong) anyway.. its wonderful and I love the routine of it. The last two Sundays we have gone out to coffee afterwards. This week I rode in the back of the truck in a lawn chair in my white skirt, bible in lap as we drove along the ocean. Life is good. I am blessed with having a good friend here- its a gift form the Lord and i wouldn't have it any other way.


oh I'm so tired.. i will go now. I love you goodnight.

7 comments:

Becky Dellar said...

Praise God! Thank you Lord! just for everything...

~j~ said...

thank you dear daughter for taking the time to write such a lovely and encouraging e mail. How blessed are we that God loaned you to us all these years and that HE has set aside this time for just the two of you in such a beautiful place!
So happy that you are receiving such incredible moments of all that your heart has been longing for for a very long time.
Love you meems..
xxoo
mom
p.s. I know for a fact that Grandpa is going to faint with joy when he sees you posted...he checks all our blogs many times a day!!! :)) i think he and G should start one don't you?

Cristine said...

Doing Gods will brings peace and blessings..enjoy His presence as you live and love life! Rock climbing with your Dad?? I had no idea, Sounds scary to me...

shelly said...

meems, you don't need to apologize for not keeping in better contact. we all know you are in a time of growing and learning and we don't need to hear from you. the Lord shows us how to pray and we are just thankful to be apart of the work He is doing in you right now. know i love you and am so happy to hear about your camping trip. xoxo, shels

Luke and Bethany said...

Oh Meehan don't ever worry about not getting back.. but thank you for your precious email!! I loved reading it. you are so special and I am so stoked that you are learning so much... take all the time in the world to process what you need. Ya that church is cool.. it used to be called the "Old Stone Church" cuz it was just 4 walls of stone and no roof!! We used to go there.. how cool that you are in my home town.. gosh just by reading where you have been going makes me feel like a piece of me is with you!

love you tons... Bethany

Hayley Mikayla said...

hi i miss you!!! CHECK MY BLOG Love,Hayley I miss you i can not wait till i see you!!!

Sandy said...

OH, barely knowing your family - this post makes me smile. I hope we will be the same type of parents to our 3 .... you have been blessed! What a beautiful tribute.
Sandy