2 Timothy 3:17 ..." but the Lord stood by me..." it says.
Do you know He stands by you? Do you know He likes you.I mean God LIKES us. For me he likes when I play volleyball he likes when I hold kids and cant let them go, he likes when I go for walks with my mom, he likes that I have an excitement in my heart to go someplace super crazy even though I'm freaked out and complain about it just as a disclaimer, He likes when I attempt to read my bible even if I cant feel him and just show up, He likes that I love the sunshine, mango's, sand, riding in the back of a truck, having coffee or tea in the morning, buying new bathing suits, thrifting, singing, making cards, writing notes, giving gifts, picking flowers. God enjoys MY company. The bible says he will rejoice over you with singing. It also says He will take great delight in you. It doesn't say he will rejoice over you with singing when you figure out your purpose in life, or set a really good table,or go on a missions trip or make it to church every Sunday. It doesn't say he will take great delight in you only until you feel him when you worship, spend lots of time figuring out what scripture is really trying to say, or he delights in you only when you can know exactly what he is saying or by hearing his voice perfectly. NO it just says he WILL rejoice over you and he WILL take great delight in You. Just as I am and all the other stuff flows out of the intimacy we have with the person of Jesus Christ. I want more Jesus. Less of the if I do this then he will be more pleased and then REALLY speak to me or really find me worthy of loving this person or worthy of this calling. . I'm really excited about walking in the freedom of enjoying life. Being less concerned about if I'm making the "right" decision and and more confident that I am seated at the place of privileged as a child of God, able to feast at His table. At his table there are all the things i like there are all the things he Knows i enjoy and it pleases him to provide them. It blesses his heart to give me his finest and i get to enjoy them. Naturally when you Love someone you just cant help but do things for them. But the doing things for them isn't what makes them love you. It shouldn't be anyway. Its just because you are you and they enjoy who you are not what you can give- but who you are. The Lord stands by me because he likes me. he enjoys my company. I'm learning to enjoy his too. He is patient , and he will wait. He is not going anywhere, he does not grow tired or weary.
Amen
7 comments:
You are His favorite!
I am too.. Isn't that amazing?
I love this, "He stands with me because He likes me."
I love how He loves me..
Thanks for sharing your heart.
Julie (from Georgia)
beautiful. thanks for your raw honesty. i am jealous of your revelations. i will continue to pray for your intimate time there. the Lord truly is meeting you. you bless me. love you!
amen...
wow - that is a truth...I want to store that one away because it fights of the lie that I am not good enough!
Thank you so much for sharing...
amen amen amen... i couldn't agree more... if we truly understood that His ways are higher than ours and that His priorities may not align with what the worldly thinking says... He's so amazing... stoked you are enjoyin' Him so much... simplicity... that simple faith :)
xoxo love ya girl.
So true Meehan. Gosh I needed to read that.. I think I know that Jesus loves me no matter what until I start to feel far away from Him.. and then I start to put conditions on whether he likes me.. and that is so not ture. I think that if I haven't spent good time with Him or been happy or rejoicing then He's waiting for me to get "it together", but so not true.. thanks Mee... love ya. you always lift my head. Been thinking about you..
Hi meemers...Ilearned how to leave c "comment"!!!How about that. Grandpa and I follow your life vai your blog and think of you every day as well as pray for your happiness and safety! I checked on a web site to see if Tibet is safe to travel in and yes, for the most part it is...as they are buddist, they believe that their good deeds in this life will transport them to their reward in the next...thus crime is almost unheard of. We love you very much and know that wherever you go you will be guided and blessed by our Lord. Until the next time..Love and Kisses grandma and grandpa
Post a Comment