Sunday, July 13, 2008

He is Healer

A couple of nights ago I was out with some new friends (three out of four of them are only a week sober from drugs). Earlier that day I had gone running and a few of my ribs had come out of place as they often do. The pain can be moderate to very painful and the only way I have found to get them fixed is going to my chiropractor back home. The five of us were sitting sharing testimonies , talking about our home countries and getting ready to head back to base. The pain in my ribs had increased so much that I could barely take a breath or stand up straight. The boy with us who is from Kosavo asked to pray for me. He politely asked if he could lay hands on me ( I told him he could put his hand on my shoulder) He didn't. Instead he placed his hand directly over the pain on my ribs and began to pray in Albanian. I have no idea what he was saying but I knew it was with great faith. As he prayed, my ribs got tighter and more painful, as they began to shift, my discomfort increased but after a few moments they popped and my back shot straight up. The Lord healed me and the pain has not returned.

Oh how Jesus wooed our hearts that evening. One girl sobered up just to be here at ywam, she had been living with her boyfriend, the other left a life of meth and drug dealing behind, the other prayed with a cigarette in hand and is only seven months free of atheism. These are who layed hands and asked for Jesus Christ to heal my ribs. With cigarettes still burning in each of their hands and filling the ocean air, shouts of praise and awe mixed with some "hell yah", we celebrated the love and healing power of Our Lord. The savior of us all.

Hi to Mom, Aunt Cris and Sandy! I know you ladies are enjoying your time togehter, what a precious gift you have to be with oneanother... I love you very much and want to hear about all your fun stories too.
xoxoxoxoxoxx I love you Meems

4 comments:

KATEE said...

i was so blessed reading this I had to read to Lisa... as I did I want to cry... chills and tears and thankful hearts touched by His grace, so undeserved and holy, so pure and powerful, and altogether righteous is He...
Love You Girl and thankful for His continued faithfulness to you... what a blessing and encouragement to hear of Him in your world.
::HUG::

Luke and Bethany said...

OH MY GOSH MEEHAN!!! HOW COOL... Gosh our Lord is so cool!! And gosh it's truly all about HIM huh? We're all like "you need to be a deep Christian to heal anybody".. and God just uses the brand spanking new believers to heal you! God truly uses the "foolish things of the world to confound the wise"... i love that! He does it cuz the glory can ONLY go to HIM!

Love you tons!!!

your prayer buddy... Bethany

Julie said...

That is an awesome testimony.

I know God is going to do unbelievable things in your DTS. My Hannah is still telling us stories.

Can't wait to see what God does.

Praying for you today.

Julie from Georgia

Sandy said...

Oh Meems, you have a beautiful Mama. They are gone but we did have a wonderful time. Very special.

Your post here is so real. I love how authentic you are, girl.

Love to you!