I'm still finding my feet here of course. Not totally comfortable with myself just yet but finding out just how "comfortable" I can be knowing I belong to Jesus. That I mean the world to Him, He smiles when he hears from me, He waits for me to cry out to Him at any moment, and delights in me. The Creator of the universe delights in me? Yes he does. I don't live that way, I don't feel that way but it is true and I expect to get to that place. That Psalm 23 place " The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want, he makes me lay down in green pastures, He leads me besides still waters, He restores my soul..."Amen
Can it really be that my purpose is to exist? To enjoy life and enjoy the Lord? So often of every moment of every day I'm striving for my purpose, seeking how I can fulfil and be fulfilled. Maybe I don't look like and overachiever because so often I do enjoy many days at the beach, working half days with pre-k, and hang out with friends, but in my head I'm spinning my wheels on how I can be "efficient", "effective" fearing the appearance of laziness, apathy, not"doing enough". And the moments I'm alone, are the moments I fear the most because how can I possibly be doing the right thing by just being? But I find that even though I don't always feel like I'm doing the right thing with my time on Earth or where I stand with others, or how I feel about myself, Christ is the solid rock on which I stand, a firm foundation to place my shaky feet. He is the same yesterday today and forever and I praise him for it. Its only day three here, but my life and heart have been so ripe for the harvest that God has already revealed such things to me. .. write more later.
I love you all. Love you mommy.
Meeh
5 comments:
Meems, I love the line in John Paul Jackson's book that says something to the effect...Dying to self is not about dying to self, it's about knowing HIM.
xxo Aunt Sue
Hi Meehan,
I have been reading your words, your moms and becky's too on all of your blogs. I am so excited and happy for you! You sound so good...just perfect! I know we are many miles apart and don't always speak very often however you are never far from my thoughts. I love reading about your life story and watching your journey unfold. Life is so wonderful, isin't it. It just is amazing how beautiful it is...please continue to share your journey....I smile everytime I read them and thank you for being vulnerable and true to what you are experiencing. I will keep you in my prayers and am so excited and happy for you! I love you, Vicki Viso
i love you too bug....xo
Sooo cool meehan!! love you so much.. and by the way your blog is SUPER interesting.. so much so that you don't even need pics.. i was captivated the whole way.. love you tons.. so excited for you. i feel a bit closer to God each time I read..
love you
Bethany
I am following your journey from Georgia.
My daughter is planning on returning to England after she raises support for staffing. She did her DTS at the Holmsted base in England.
I am thankful to have connected with your mom.
Your heart is beautifully displayed here..
Julie
Post a Comment