Friday, July 4, 2008

Day one

Hey everyone!
My heart is so full it feels like it will burst any second.. I just have to wait for an "appropriate" time to let it all fly. I can feel the Holy Spirit making my heart flutter and beat so fast reminding me tht he is so near, ready to pour forth at any moment. As many of your may know, I have an "easy" time making friends but finding those that my heart rests in can be another story. Though I've been here a short time I can see that continually being the case, but in the same breath maybe seeing how The Lord might use that to push me right where I need to be. I sense that this time is about serving others. That's what this is about: loving and serving others. the bible says He who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.
Rumor has it that Cambodia and India are two options for outreach being prayed over, those are two of the three countries I have been praying for since before I left home. Tibet was the third. Please, please pray God would purify my motives and give me an undivided heart concerning his calling to one of these places. I hear also that tonight, the staff will be sharing about which countries have been on there hearts. What I think this means is that we will then also know which staff members will be leading to which countries. I truly do not want to be swayed in any one direction according to preference in leadership.

I love you all please feel free to text, email, write, call... thank you for giving me "space" of sorts. but you are my family and i love you and you are an integral part of this journey.
I love you

p.s my camera broke my first day in Hawaii so i coudlnt upload even if i wanted too! Sorry...

6 comments:

~j~ said...

all i can say is thank you for the post, it is incredible "hearing" your voice in the lines of this letter knowing how to pray specifically makes me feel like I truly am right there with you!
I love you,
love mom

shelly said...

you are such a great writer. i am glad you are a blogger ;)
i will definitely be praying for your location. cambodia was a country that i kept thinking of for you. we'll see what the Lord has in store!
Love you!

Sue Kasmar said...

Meems, I just can't help but see the significance of your starting your DTS on Independence Day....As we've shared together a couple of times, this time is a New Beginning and a New FREEDOM of sorts - a New Independence IN HIM, discovering His call for YOUR life and going forth in that.

I continue to pray for a passionate pursuit of Jesus and deep, intimate relationship with the Holy Spirit. I pray He blesses you exceedingly and abundantly above all you dare ask or think...infinitely beyond your wildest thoughts, hopes or imaginings. Considering you have a very creative imagination, I just can' wait to see the cool things He has planned for you. This is only the beginning....a freedom in the Spirit you've longed for and only dreamed about. GLORY!

Much love to you, Miss Meehan!

Aunt Sue

Becky Dellar said...

Hi!!
Yes Lord! Have your way and show M exactly where she is to walk!
Love you - thank you so much for the update! I am going to have to upload the pictures we did take while you were here so that you can put some up :)

(yes...i gotta fix that camera!...) love you tons

Becky Dellar said...

okay - some pictures from your time on Oahu at least!
http://adventuresinthelord.blogspot.com/2008/07/day-with-meems.html

:)

shelbi said...

i am so happy that you blogging all of this :) you have no idea how much your journey is touching my heart. my life took a different turn as now i refresh the lives of 4 children and a husband every day...(love that scripture too :)) but i live vicariously through you and have been praying for you each time the Lord has layed you upon my heart, which has been quite a lot recently...since i 'know' you through your mom, i have watched from a distance but have been praying for you, sweet girl, as though you were right here in my heart, which of course - you SO are!!

besos and blessings,
shelbi