Thursday, April 19, 2012







"An anthropologist proposed a game to African tribe kids. He put a basket full of fruit near a tree and told them that whoever got there first, WON the sweet fruits. When he told them to run they all took each others hands and ran together, then sat together enjoying their treats!


When he asked them why they had run like that as one could have had all the fruits for himself they said:  " 'UBUNTU'. How can one of us be happy if all the other ones are sad?"



UBUNTU in the Xhosa culture means: "I am because we are".

sigh. I will miss Africa so much. 

I wish just taking a baby home with me from here was neither 

so complicated or so.. illegal. 

4 comments:

~j~ said...

I will miss it too... really I will
xo sorry for your sadness. I understand.
xo
love mom

Cristine said...

Oh Meehan what a story to continue to share and live by, I love it!!

Cristine said...

Oh Meehan I LOVE this...I think my first comment got lost so I am writing again...I want you to know that I copied it and put it on my FB with a link...I hope you don't mind?
I can't wait to see you when you come to SB..I will make time!

shelly said...

i wish you could too and i wish you could bring some home for us to care for too! but the Lord knows.
Love you sweet friend!