Monday, October 17, 2011


Although, chronologically delayed I can’t help but sense there is timeliness to the inspiration I have for sharing parts of my journal from India with you.
Over the next several weeks or months, however long it may take to post snippets of those three months in India this year, I hope that its contents inspire you, bless you and spur you on in your own personal faith journey with Jesus Christ. Above all, I hope you discover deeper truth about His character and nature. I know that in my own life, as I discover the unchangeable nature of God, it causes my own self-crafted imaginations of which I merely think he is to fade away and I am left freer. It is impossible to remain unchanged when we have revelation of his TRUE self!


                              Wednesday 25th of April 2011
Jeremiah 33:3
“Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unreachable things you do not know.

Deli India, City Walk Mall, 
Tibetan Colony, tucktuck motto transport, 
milk tea, 
boiled bread, 
a 7:00 bus ride tonight, 
14 hours to Dharmsala; we are here, married for the first time and life feels new.
 I'm grateful for this changes the adventure and the promises to be fulfilled.
I just sipped my very first Coffee bean and Tealeaf ice vanilla late in a year’s time and I want to giggle! Immediately I thought of mom, a hot summer day, shopping downtown and the peaceful strolls through the shopping mall by grandma’s house with her. This is too wired being in this mall in India, all alone, tasting something so familiar without a clue as to where I really am! I can’t decide if I like it or not but I will choose to because its too delightfully strange and different from the African valley I’ve been in for nearly a year now! In fact, I love it. I love what’s ahead and that for this moment in time I am enjoying part of my own culture with a culture that is completely different than my own. I love that I am sitting in a room resembling something so familiar to my life, in a place with peoples thousands of miles removed from the world in which I’ve experienced it. I love that this time {which is my second time} in this place I get to go back and kiss Daniel Shannon! This next bus ride, I can lean over and kiss him again if I want to! I am revisiting this journey I took three years ago and experiencing so much of the very same things but with a different kind of richness.
Lord Jesus this is fantastic!

1 comment:

~j~ said...

wow, thanks for sharing the journey.
and how fun for you too!
That sweet picture is adorable!!!
precious little faces...