Friday, October 21, 2011



Thursday 27, 2011

Arrival day is familiar and the people are more beautiful than I remember. I am more relaxed, comfortable, and open to others than before though. I am not afraid and I am not ashamed of the gospel!
{I have grown}
The weather is fair and im thankful for the moderate climate. I’ve been enjoying a crisp shower, milk tea and being here with friends. In the first hours here I am combating feelings of loneliness and guilt and fear but those things do not belong to me.
The way the truth and the life do. Jesus.

Dear Dad,
I just sat with a man named Hurdy. He lived in Santa barbara on and off throughout the 60’s. Dad, you would be amazing here. I can see you being such a lighthouse in this place where people come from all corners of the earth seeking spiritual encounters. They come to find their identity..they come to find God but Any god that suits them. The leave "full" of ‘emptiness’ and more questions than they arrive with thinking they have found their path. Their heart's are open to anything and yet they reject Jesus. Even though it is him they want, they reject the religion instead, mistaking that for the man-Christ, the Lord.

you would be incredibly effective in this place. I just know you would connect with the pain these sojourners have and the experiences they long to have and fill with meditation, smoking, yoga and Buddhist teachings. You would understand how to point them towards their maker through their fascination with nature, beauty, truth and justice. I think of you when I meet these kids, both young and old who are looking for a father to lead them, to teach them and to help them to discern the way. I love you and I am thinking of you today, my first night of my second time in D-sala.

2 comments:

Cristine said...

What a beautful reflection of your incredible dad!! He is amazing here, there and everywhere! Love hearing from your heart Meem.

~j~ said...

agreed! thanks for sharing your journal. so thoughtful xo mom