Friday, August 12, 2011

2 WEEKS IN PICTURES


SURPRISES


DATES WITH HUSBAND


Our lives of Abundant Goodness. 


This week we have been celebrating what it means to be the "church" with friends from all around the globe; we've been dialoging with each other about how to practically live lives as followers of Jesus, how to change the world around us and create a culture of honor among ourselves as believers. One of the most incredible gifts that I've personally experienced within this time is the integration that's happened between my life as a missionary and the life I've lived here in Santa Barbara. Bringing both "worlds together" has been good for my heart as the gap between the two i love so much has grown smaller in the last week. My parents, brother and sister in law have participated in our gathering times and  abundantly and lovingly helped us with some our meals. My old and dear Friends have come up and joined our teaching times and worship sessions and I've also made a handful of new friends from here who decided to come join us to hear the message God has written in our hearts about church.
Daniel and I are having such a rich time here at home that I am literally overwhelmed by all the goodness In Him.


Today, I brought a new friend for a walk down Mirimar Beach. I could hardly believe that I was enjoying the beauty and familiarity of my home town while getting to know this incredible young woman from the "field" that I now call friend.


MEALS WITH FAMILY



We've been loved on and blessed by our days here and i wish we could multiply them and slow them down! Here are some photos of the people and places we've been enjoying....



2 comments:

Cristine said...

Each photo is so 'rich' with love and good times!!! Can't wait until I get to share some of it with you! I love what you said about joining both 'worlds together', and that it has been 'good for your heart'!!! Love your TOMS...what color are they?

Mama J said...

Meehan, it was such an honor and a blessing to my heart to see your world! You have such a rich family, church, and friends there in Santa Barbara! Thanks for inviting us in to your world sweetie! See you in Capetown.