Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Today I had a meeting with the doctors from the neonatal ward in Groote Schuur Hospital in the Capetown medical district.
It was fun to see what I was made of in the sense of presenting our cause to a group of professionals who may or may not have been able to see the value in a “holistic” approach to caring for pregnant women. I didn’t find out until five minutes before the meeting that I was really walking into a political hotbed in which I was being used as a sort of ‘in-between’, a means of bridging the gap between the Social Work branch and the Doctors. It wasn’t entirely awkward, I think I really held my own and I somehow felt equipped to handle the questions, able to read the impossible motivations of the parties involved etc. it was really funny to me that I could be used in such a crucial scenario; that the weight of decisions being made by an entire group of professionals depended somewhat on my presentation of Baby Safe’s professionalism.
I don’t know, I don’t entirely understand the whole thing myself, but something tells me it was important!
‘Something” tells me that God just qualified me to do something again that a social worker or some certified somebody should have done. But, they listened to me, gave what I had to say some thought and we have another meeting with them again next week. I think we’re in good graces! {Which is what we want}.
Thank you for your prayers.
Love to you,
Meems

4 comments:

~j~ said...

WOW!! Go God!! so happy to hear how you were used in that way M, not particularly surprised but very overjoyed to imagine you in that room standing firm with your God by your side. Praying for next weeks meeting!!
xo
love mom

Cristine said...

Amen to the Lord who knows all ahead of time. Wow, to think the Lord planned this day and knew you would be the one to speak for all those organizations, you were the one He knew they would respond to, His words, your voice!!!....I am so proud!!!

shelly said...

love hearing this! He made you for exactly what you are doing right now! This is what HE has for you right now in the moment of your life and HE will continue to equip you for such a task! you are the being the voice for the possible dying babies. The Lord loves that because He loves them!

we love you!

Cristine said...

Meehan isn't our Lord full of surprises...He choose you to be His spoke person-He knew your heart and He choose you!! Trust in Him again as you meet again next week. I am SO proud!!!