I took three days alone this week, drinking coffee, making things, journaling and talking to Jesus about life and I wrote a silly little poem for myself in honor of my 25th year. I also spent one of those days sewing these fabric flowers.
Today has been indescribably wonderful and its not yet finished. I can say that I did not expect to have such an extravagant day as the one I have had. I feel almost embarrassed to tell but its too good not to share.
My Daniel swept me away for a surprise weekend on friday and we swung in hammocks under the stars sipping our "adult beverage" after a full day of sun. I thought my birthday bungalow excursion was quite enough of course but this morning I was yet again swept up early in the morning and taken to the most gorgeous hotel for breakfast. We ate to our little heart's content and then some more.Then, "of course,"afterwords taken to my mesage appointment!.
I don't know how he does it, but daniel finds a way in the most obscure places to simply enjoy, to spoil and make me feel like a queen.
my temporary family here i.e my wonderful teammates and friends are currently downstairs making Mexican food for my birthday dinner. Can you believe it?
They are hard at work hand making tortillas and baking them into crispy chips, concocting some delicious salsa and guacamole too.
Today, I have not gone unloved.
Today, I am humbled by the length people will go to appreciate my life and make sure I know it.
Today I am acutely aware that God is faithful to provide what I value so much (and what he values too)
family.
friendship.
love.
thank you all for being these things in my life.
I love you.
meems
P.S here is my hopelessly silly poem.
Today has been indescribably wonderful and its not yet finished. I can say that I did not expect to have such an extravagant day as the one I have had. I feel almost embarrassed to tell but its too good not to share.
My Daniel swept me away for a surprise weekend on friday and we swung in hammocks under the stars sipping our "adult beverage" after a full day of sun. I thought my birthday bungalow excursion was quite enough of course but this morning I was yet again swept up early in the morning and taken to the most gorgeous hotel for breakfast. We ate to our little heart's content and then some more.Then, "of course,"afterwords taken to my mesage appointment!.
I don't know how he does it, but daniel finds a way in the most obscure places to simply enjoy, to spoil and make me feel like a queen.
my temporary family here i.e my wonderful teammates and friends are currently downstairs making Mexican food for my birthday dinner. Can you believe it?
They are hard at work hand making tortillas and baking them into crispy chips, concocting some delicious salsa and guacamole too.
Today, I have not gone unloved.
Today, I am humbled by the length people will go to appreciate my life and make sure I know it.
Today I am acutely aware that God is faithful to provide what I value so much (and what he values too)
family.
friendship.
love.
thank you all for being these things in my life.
I love you.
meems
P.S here is my hopelessly silly poem.
j'dore tous les chose
nice
like sugar and spices
here's a few
more
of my favorite
vices:
playful puppies
with
button noses
paint on my
toes
and painted pink roses
twirly tututs
frilly ruffles.
bling
and bobbles
made of
glitter
and gold
the sparkle of antiques
growing so old
picking up treasures
making my own
posted
parcels
coming from home
shells
on the seashore
the color
of sand
the glisten of
diamonds
that dance
on my hand
thats a
tid bit
of what
i am made

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
5 comments:
what a beautiful celebration you had!
No doubt this birthday will be long remembered for many wonderful reasons. So wonderful to see pictures. The flowers you made are so you Meems!! Love the flowered 25. You bring your touch to every place.
Miss you much,
love mom
YES! I love to picture of you at breakfast :D What a wonderful weekend! oh meehan, so glad that you are being taken care of because we would all want to be there cooking for you and doing fun things! And the message - yeah!! :) Love your poem. Love your flowers. It blesses me so much that the Lord has provided time for your creative outlets!
love love love you on this special day.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY sweet traveling friend!
So glad there was an abundance of festivities! :)
beautiful poem meems!
what a wonderful celebration! i love love love how daniel didn't stop with the surprises and "sweeping" you away...
love you and blessed by and thankful for
YOUR LIFE!
xoxo | hugs + kisses
-katee grace ;)
Hi Meehan!!
How are you? VERY long time, no talk. I am so glad to see you're doing well. My mom sent me an email saying your grandma had broken her wrist, and I thought, "I need to do a google search for this girl." Coupled with the fact that I always think of you on the 7th of June, I knew it was time!!!
Wonderful that you're married, wonderful that you have this blog. Wonderful that you are in AFRICA! For how long?
Please, send me an email if you ever get the chance. alyssakw at gmail dot com
I spelled that out to avoid spamming :)
Love,
Alyssa W.
Post a Comment