Friday, June 18, 2010

A toast to Poppy

I'd like to make a toast to my Poppy this Father's day and say:
Dad, I've realized with an ever increasing love in my heart just how wonderful you are. 
As I've grown, I have carried pieces of what you've instilled into who I am with me. I've pondered them, treasured them, and used them during many seasons of my life. I've sung myself to sleep, worshiping my heavenly Father to many a Keith Green tune! I've also known true comfort by seeking the one true comforter because of your own towards me.
I love how you look for the good and praise it, I love that some of your core values are 
    fun, 
  
love,
      
  freedom 


and 


peace. 
I love your smile and when you laugh really really hard at something. 
I love the memories I share with you and the dreams I look forward to with you. Like going to Spain or trips to a lake to waterski and camp. 
Dad, I love you so much.
I am so thankful to be your daughter, I am so proud of you and that you are my Dad.


Happy Father's day to the BEST one.


love BB girl 



2 comments:

KATEE said...

love this!

xoxo

Cristine said...

Yes your dad is truly one of a kind! His heart is always spilling out with his hugs and big smile! You were blessed having him as your 'Poppy". Safe travels to you and D! Can't wait to read where the Lord takes you next.