Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

"A mother is someone who dreams great dreams for you, but then she lets you chase the dreams you have for yourself and loves you just the same".

I've heard it said that people will become what you think of them. Probably because it affects the way we treat them, speak to them, and  what you expect of them.  My mom has always told me, believed and truly expected that with my life, I would do great things, meet great people of influence as well as have it myself. As I write this now from an the African island of Zanzibar I can say that she was right. I do feel that I am living the dreams in my heart to meet, love and influence nations with, for and by love. I'm thankful that she spoke this into me and planted seeds of hope for amazing things into my life. Thank you mom for speaking 'Greatness" over me and then allowing me to follow the dreams placed in my own heart.  

mom is 
teaching me to catch the sun in the late afternoon for the best 
golden tan
by the front door on our brown carpet
that's not there anymore 
we ripped it out
and "surprised" Dad
mom is
 Finding me diamonds
in the rough to wear
at Magnolia
mom is 
finding me diamonds to wear
and my second 
and my third 
at the Gem shop.
mom is 
chunky boots and a floral skirt
a floppy hat and a bag of seeds
rusty nails,
corn chips and General hospital
mom is 
the rodeo
the beach
San Francisco
and sometimes
L.A
she is a little bit country 
and a little bit rockn'role
Mom is
at the humane Society 
 the barn
the Feed Store
the pet store
rescuing a puppy
a horse
some chickens
a hamster
a rat
a gerbil
a bunny
searching for a miniature
goat
a pig
a pony
a miniature anything
mom is
fun
silly
spontaneous
creative
motivating
beautiful
passionate
strong
compassionate
free spirited
a visionary
hospitable
warm
welcoming
intuitive
she is my mom.


I love you.


4 comments:

~j~ said...

I am so grateful for you Meehan and thank you for the blessing of this beautiful and thoughtful Mothers Day wish from so far away, a gift on this day like no other. thank you bug...
xo
love mom

Cristine said...

Yes Meehan your mom is amazing!!

shelly said...

love this post! i pray i will let me kids be all that God has for them just as your mom has for you. wonderful poem, meems! we love you and miss you!

joyfulgirl said...

Love hearing your sweet words from afar! So much covered and revealed toward your mom. What a gift you gave to her this Mother's Day:) I love you sweet girl.