Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My Redeemer lives!!!


Last year around this time I started e-mailing with someone who I now know to be the most amazing man I have ever known.For me, it began with a few scriptures and words of knowledge than God gave for me for Daniel (who at the time only knew the rest of my family whereas I'd only met once before) As it turns out, the very things God had spoken to me were exactally what he had spoken to Daniel. From here the door opened for us to begin a friendship that grew over time into a closeness that neither of us could liken to anything we've ever had before.Through a series of God sized events, Daniel and I are now absolutely in love and praising God for His redeeming Love.

Some of you know that last Christmas I broke off my engagement to someone else. In light of the difficulty of last year I never would have dreamed that I would be enjoying the full blessing of Love in my life. The very thing I would have withheld from myself to "teach myself a lesson", is the very thing God has given me one year later. This is our God, he gives us what we do not deserve. We cannot earn his love we cannot make him love us less or love us more. But we choose how we respond to this love. Our actions, the things we "do" are merely responses to the love poured into us as we abide in the Love of God. We give out of what we have been freely given. We are never to give out of obligation, duty or guilt. This is not love. Love is patient love is kind, it does not envy, it is not proud it is not rude, it keeps no record of wrong, it does not delight in evil but rejoices in the truth. ( 1 Corinthians 13). There is no fear in love but perfect Love casts out all fear.

My God has redeemed the word " love" for me.
My God has redeemed my pain and turned my mourning into dancing.
My God has redeemed the excitement to give to another person
My God has redeemed the way i give and receive Love
My God has redeemed the way i understand Love
MY God has redeemed my plans and dreams for my future and made them bigger.
MY God has redeemed the enjoyment I have for being in a relationship
MY God has redeemed the way my family is able to enjoy this process with me.

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Wow Meehan, so very beautifully written and I am so delighted to hear about you and Daniel. Only met him once at Nick and Becky's wedding and what a true Godly man he is! Hopefully we will get to see him at our wedding as your DATE!

~j~ said...

what a joyful post...my heart is truly grateful for all that you have experienced and all that awaits you, because of HIS Love

Unknown said...

Meehan, Thank you so much for sharing! Thank you also for letting me text you everynight asking you to share, share, share--I am so thankful for you sharing...it moves my heart and draws me closer to HIM! Thank you!!! I love you, Vicki