"If you were falling, then I would catch you
You need a light, I'd find a match
Cuz I love the way you say good morning
And you take me the way I am
If you are chilly, here take my sweater
Your head is aching; I'll make it better
Cuz I love the way you call me baby
And you take me the way I am
I'd buy you Rogaine when you start losing all your hair
Sew on patches to all you tear
Cuz I love you more than I could ever promise
And you take me the way I am
You take me the way I am
You take me the way I am"
A silly little ode to mom:The Way You Are to Me
Mom if you were a scent,
you would smell like a combination of Banana Boat suntan oil
and the early morning, right before the sun warms everything to life; cool and fresh earth together.
{ even though you love twilight best}.
If you could be captured in one moment in time ,
it would be
{ out of a thousand good moments what makes this one special is it's my first memory of
conscious happiness
enjoying togetherness with you}
You would be , Sitting in the door jam on our thick brown carpet getting the afternoon sun & looking at the tiny-teers growing in the ground.
If you were a sound you would be captured in the made up rhythms and beats
that come from your very own brain
and
the giggles that follow.
I'm so sorry they "won't let you play in the n…." Mom.
I love you for the way you so easily create good memories without even trying
and
for the ones you make when you do!
LIFE is a host of celebrations,
specialness,
fullness,
passionate outbursts of jokes, laughing, dancing, randomness
and fun because of you
~ Thank you so much!
Happy Birthday to the Queen of "Live , Love, Laugh"
Always your adoring daughter and loving son- in law,
X O X
Meems and Daniel
1 comment:
my deepest gratitude for the sweet and loving way you love me and for the time spent to put this together.I love you both and miss you to the moon and back. Until our next celebration, love and hugs always.
Mom
Post a Comment