Saturday, April 23, 2011

Birthday Love For the One & Only


'Thank you' seems the most fitting response for all you have meant to me in my 26 years.
{Watch before you read... merci}


Dear Grandma,

On your birthday I want to remind you have how loved you are, how significant your contributing role in life has been and how admirable your strength and softness of heart.

I am continually thankful for the love you have given and the extravagant care you took of me in my childhood. Thank you for taking the time to sew me the most beautifully made costumes, ballet skirts and dresses. Thank you for inviting me into your kitchen to measure, bake, sew and iron. Thank you for all of the after school snacks, walks to the park, trips to the natural history museum, the beach and hours of splashing in the spa {whilst letting me make you into a “sub sandwich” with chlorine- water and kitchen tools.} Thank you for inviting me into your life and for being apart of mine. I’ve always been keenly aware that not everyone has what we have had.

I’ve been praying for you all week, asking God to share with me what He thinks about you & what His eyes saw when he formed  & knit you together. The picture I saw is one that is very near to my heart and it’s illustrated in Mathew 13:45-46 its about Treasure and a Pearl. 

“The kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine Pearls. When He found ONE of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it.”

Grandma, to God you are that pearl, the pearl that was worth leaving  a perfect home in heaven for in order to give up his life and with it, purchase yours. He sold everything to purchase you who is of ‘Great value’ to him. I believe He would say to you on this day that you are his Pearl!

Happy Birthday… what a joyous day indeed!

Lots of love, Meehan + Daniel
.

2 comments:

~j~ said...

oh meems... how blessed are we to have Grandma in our lives? (g-pa too!!) My heart overflows with joy for the love that you and nick have received from both of your grandparents and I feel very blessed indeed! Thank you for such a lovely cyber b day greeting to Grandma.
I love you!
xo
love mom

Cristine said...

You truly experienced something that is so rare...you were able to grow up with your grandparents in your daily life. The wonderful memories that you shared reflect what an impact it had on who you are today.
I am privileged to call her my friend...May this year bring you more joy, good health and new adventures Pat.