Monday, January 31, 2011

At last, the long awaited Birthday board! Daniel is so thrilled that today will be his 3rd day out in a row. Thank you so much to my family and our friends for making this dream come true and to my brother and sister in law for so very generously completing the deal with a wetsuit!
I cannot tell you how “normal” our Sunday felt. I was truly relaxed as I enjoyed the 2nd half of the afternoon with Dan down at the beach. I read an inspiring magazine while he surfed. It was a very Campus” Pointesque” beach we went to complete with families, dogs, seaweed and tons of groms enjoying the surf.
As we left, we ran into our close friends in the parking lot who had a car full of kids from the townships so we tuned back around and spent more time laughing and enjoying the late afternoon sun, eating plums from the fruit stand and dancing with them in the surf line.
We laughed into the evening Daniel and I as we realized that today we were living the American dream in South Africa! We BBQ’d on our new grill {a gift fm our landlords} the vegetables we had picked from our garden. We sipped Orangina sparkling juice, with our American flag blowing in the sundowner breeze. Thank you Lord for such an amazing and refreshing Sunday! {More pictures to come of our evening bbq} I am continually amazed at how the ‘little’ things have become so large a gift to enjoy and to soak in and be thankful for.







4 comments:

Cristine said...

Happy Be-lated Birthday Daniel looks like you had a incredible day. What great gifts you got and how awesome you found a very 'Campus' beach to enjoy them at!! I know for Meehan, Campus has many, many fond memories! Keep the photos coming as it is so good to have a sneak peek into your lives.

~j~ said...

oh woooowwww!! Such a beautiful day for you both! it looks AMAZING! that sand, pure sugah! what joy to read of your happy day.
Love that board Daniel! Great design. Now we need pics of you shredding the waters of S.A!!
love to you both,
xo
mom

Katee Grace said...

these photographs are flippin' sweet! these kids are heart melting... is that even a phrase? well now it is

THESE LIL ONES = HEART MELTING

love you!
love you both!

xoxoxoxo | oh he is near to you.

shelly said...

sounds like a perfect day! so happy to hear all your little heart desires are met in the Lord. He is so good!

love and miss you!

you look beautiful!!!