Monday, January 18, 2010

Colorado candy.Dream Boots


 I proudly present to you my very first Colorado thrift store purchase. At $14.99 these leather boots have managed to temporarily supress my woes due to my recent departure from home. I'd like to encourage all of you thrifty shoppers out there that there is hope. When you find yourself lusting over the $300.00 Frye Boots at Nordies do not, I repeat do not sucumb to the retail envy that lingers until your moment of weakness to rear its ugly head. Instead take your overpriced inspiration to the thirftstore and reap the fruit of your frugality.I sure did!  Tada!


7 comments:

Meghan Elaine said...

Hi Meems! LOVE your boots! Funny story. Two years ago I was in LOVE with some beautiful Frye boots. I finally convinced myself it was ok to buy them. I got home and decided they looked stupid on me. So I returned them. If I had only bought them and realized that in the first place...
Anyway, great find :)

Katee Grace said...

whoo hoo!!!!
patience and frugality | love that shopping methodology |
you are an inspiration to thrift store shoppers globally

:) | xoxo

~j~ said...

those are beautiful and so are you bug! What brand are they? are they leather? do tell!
xo
love mom

Anonymous said...

told u i would! ...daddy.

shelly said...

good find! not that i would doubt your finds! you are one amazing thrift store shopper. love you and miss you much!

Bethany said...

those are awesome! much better than my target boots and I love your how to on thrift store shopping!!! xo

Anonymous said...

Hello! I stumbled across this blog and had to comment on the boots. Those are wonderful! What store did you find them in?! I live in Colorado too and am always on the lookout for good thrift stores. I love your side thing on thrift store shopping - great advice! :)

- Anne