Tuesday, December 23, 2008

its the little things




Calcutta was an amazing time for me and the LORD. In that week or so I learned that his grace is so thick when we step out to do things that are beyond our own capability. Calcutta is not a serene place, it is not beautiful, it is not aesthetically pleasing it is not clean it is not peaceful or relaxing. It s none of the things that I often find, enjoyment, refreshment or even bits of my identity in. God knows. He knows how I am wired and he also knows that he is enough for me. So, I asked him that week, " Lord, will you be my inspiration, will you point out beautiful things for me to see will you be the one who walks with me one more day down Sudder street and helps me to see what you see." He did, and it was personal to who I am and I  couldnt stop smiling that day or taking photographs because of the inspiring, aesthetically pleasing, enjoyable beautiful things I saw.

1 comment:

the sweet spot said...

hello! you don't know me, but i stumbled across your blog randomly a while back and have been sporatically taking glimpses into your life as you did your ywam adventure...your words and pictures are so beautiful and encouraging! i have been here, too, and to hear someone else paint a picture of such an incredible, undescribeable place is really cool.
you are blessed! so amazing you have these experiences close to your heart.
catherine