My last Sunday in India I gave the sermon at church. I've been learning about God's extravagant Love that cannot be stopped towards us, discovering our identity as God's adopted and elect and how the world waits for our "revealing"; which is when we begin to live out of the revelation that we are loved and the " glorious inheritance" that cannot be stopped unless we close our arms to it. Receive, receive receive Gods love- he constantly pours it out day and night that we may see it believe it and live it and set all of creation free from its groaning and waiting.
This table is on a rooftop that I ran away to be with the Lord four days in a row before I taught that Sunday. God spoke clearly to me that I was just to spend time with him and the message would pour out my heart from that place of intimacy. That it did. With a full heart and a few notes, I ignored the pulpit that morning, stood the ground in front of our church family and experienced The Lord reach out and hug hearts through the testimony he gave me.
The two elderly women pictured here are Mary and Jeri. Grandmothers of the faith who live in Dahramsala and prayed for us continuously. Mary and Jeri are heros of the faith because they don't live a life retired from following Jesus. At around 70 years old they felt called to live in India and there they remain with a vision in there hearts and a commitment to pray and teach the bible to all and any who are interested in knowing Jesus Christ. the picture of the three of us was taken right after church.
No comments:
Post a Comment