I don not fast to move GOD'S HEART TO ME,
I FAST TO MOVE MY HEAR TO HIM
I DO NOT FAST TO GET God TO SPEAK,
I FAST TO MOVE MY HEART TO HIM MORE;
I DO NOT FAST TO EARN GOD'S FAVOR,
I FAST TO TENDERIZE MY SPIRIT;
I DO NOT FAST TO CONVINCE GOD TO GIVE ME MORE
I FAST SO I CAN RECEIVE MORE OF WHAT HE GIVES;
I DO NOT FAST BECAUSE I HAVE TO
I FAST BECAUSE I NEED TO
JESUS IS THE GOAL,NOT FASTING
FASTING IS NOT DOING SOMTHING
IT IS ACTUALLY CEASING FROM SOMETHING WE ALREADY DO
FASTING REMOVES SPIRITUAL CLUTTER AND POSITIONS US TO RECEIVE FORM GOD. BY FASTING, WE MAKE IT POSSIBLE OR THE LORD TO MORE POWERFULLY REVEAL HIMSELF TO US- NOT BECAUSE HE SPEAKS MORE CLEARLY OR WE BECOME WORTHY TO HEAR WHEN WE FAST, BUT BECAUSE WE CAN HEAR HIM MORE CLEARLY.
So far the biggest revelation in all of this for me is that I don't fast to convince God to give me more, I fast so I can receive more of what he gives. I truly thought that i did this to get. But what God revealed to me is that he is always speaking he is always whispering to me. In fact, he longs to speak to me more than i care to listen! I used to think that by fasting, i was begging God to speak to me. What I now now is that he already is, i just didn't think i was hearing him! As i have been emptying myself of all the things i thought i needed, I can hear his voice much more clearly, more importantly i am having faith and believing that It is his voice i am hearing. It is so empowering becoming familliar with the voice of my Savior!
5 comments:
So true Meehan. Fasting is something we don't do enough and it does something to us that nothing else does quite like it... You think, "I'm just giving up food, what's the big deal?" but it clears your mind from all the clatter.. and yes, what's left? Jesus.. and that's all you need.
love you
thanks for sharing. this is very encouraging. i am so blessed as well to hear a prayer request being answered. it has been my prayer that you will be convinced that you DO hear from the Lord! love you and miss you much!
YES!!!!
This is the best explanation of fasting that I have ever heard. Thanks so much for sharing it.
Julie
oh man. That is a serious lesson I want to ask the Lord to really teach me! and in the last few weeks I have been experiencing that same thing of becoming more familiar with His voice and I love it! it is so empowering feeling so near to Him and His heart and His voice!
thank you so much for sharing...
Post a Comment