.... but words will have to do! Hi guys, I know its been a while. I cant quite get pics up just yet but its really been on my heart to write and update you all. Maybe I hesitate to write because I never can do justice to all God is doing. How can I describe how magnificent a God I know? How can I explain how little I've known my whole life about the depths of Jesus Love and yet still I loved him and now know more about why I love him and why he is so worthy! He is so worthy!
How wonderful are his works, there are too many too recount, and were I to tell of them all there would not be enough room in the entire universe to contain the stories I would have.
Can I tell you one though? God prepared my heart for one week with an amount of money I felt in my heart I was to give. I didn't know where or to whom, I just knew I was supposed to give. Friday afternoon we took up an offering in our classroom for one another. There was over 10,000 dollars worth of outreach fees to be paid by a certain date and a handful of students still did not have all the money. i knew that this was my opportunity to give the amount God had put in my heart one week before. As i did, i was glad to give of course knowing for sure that God had spoken that to me. Its much easier to do something when God has empowered you to do it, that way you know it wasn't just your own stupid idea. So two days later, my Uncle and Aunt and cousins came to Kona. Not only did they pamper me with spa treatments earlier that week but before they left, took me to Costco and bought me healthy food, some camping /outreach stuff and a couple warm, clothes. They let me choose whatever I needed and supplied all of my needs. Literally, just like Jesus. The Lord used my family to be his hand of provision and blessing in my life. See it wasn't just about a "good work" on their part, or because they had to because I'm their niece, It was motivated by love. Out of their love for me, they gave me what they had. And out of my love for Jesus, I gave what I had to bless someone else. Because of my obedience to listen to the Lord and trust that he would provide, this opened up a door for me to receive the gifts of my family. I really truly received it too because I knew God was showing me himself through them. And who, when Jesus wants to give you a gift denies it!? Not me!? now i know this is not perfect theology explained here and don't get me wrong we don't give to get , but its so Gods character to give us opportunities to surrender things we cling so tightly to, in order that he can replace it with something more special than we could have imagined. All he does he does for sake of having relationship with us.
Thank you Lord, thank you family.
I love you all.. I'm freezing in this computer lab i have to go! xoxoxxox
4 comments:
LORD!!!! such an incredible God. Meehan, what incredible faith. LOVE you so dearly. :D I can't help but smile so big!!
what a beautiful story of surrender. thanks for sharing!
love you and miss you much!
Wow... the Lord certainly did bless you. I know that your heart was appreciative of every moment too bug.
How faithful and giving is our Lord, how HE longs to give us every good and perfect gift and Love on us in such creative and unique ways.
Thanks so much for sharing, as always it is good to hear your "voice" through your blog and experience the joy you are experiencing in this season!
I love you and miss you so much.
sending you hugs and more hugs,
love Mom
That's so awesome Meehan.. I can remember when the Lord did the same for me... when we risk and just give it's amazing that He has so many blessings in store for us.. i love Jesus...
So glad you wrote.. miss you!!
Post a Comment